Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums JavaScript Anything Slider not smooth

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    techiet

I have implemented Anything slider for a client and they are concerned because the transitions are not smooth enough. They are moving from a Flash rotator based on my recommendation because of the lack of support of Apple devices. Does anyone know of a java slider that is smoother; do you know of a way to make ‘Anything’ smoother; or worst case scenario, how would you explain this to your client?

TheDoc

Do you think it’s not smooth? Are they using an outdated browser? Does the slider contain bandwidth heavy items?

techiet

They are rather large images, that’s a good thought. I’ll be sure they are optimized. I guess the difference is Flash preloads and these images are likely loading as they are displayed as it does seem to be smoother the second time around.

barcode_guy
    Participant

I noticed that when I view the anything slider I implemented on one of my thin client terminals it is choppy. I think the combination of low bandwidth with a progressive jpeg is what causes the problem. Trying converting to a non interlaced/ non progressive .jpg or .gif

Roxon

@techiet: Did you include the easing.js file?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘JavaScript’ is closed to new topics and replies.