Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums JavaScript Anything Slider not sliding in cloned first panel

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    MichaelvanLaar
    Participant

Hi,

Anything Slider shows a strange behaviour on a website I’m currently developing. The cloned first panel doesn’t slide in after the last panel of the slider slides out. Instead the cloned first panel just pops up without the sliding animation.

The problem only appears in Firefox (versions 8 and 7 tested) and Internet Explorer 9, 8 and 6 (in IE7 everything looks alright).

I tested this with jQuery 1.6.4 and 1.7.0.

You can see the effect on the website (which is still under development):
    http://www.human-dignity-forum.org/

Any ideas are appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
    Michael

Mottie

Hi Michael!

Hmm, for some reasons all content in the “cloned” panels of the slider have a style set as “visibility:hidden”. I know that AnythingSlider doesn’t use that anywhere in the code, so it must be set elsewhere. I looked but couldn’t find the culprit and it just makes it even more odd that Chrome and Safari aren’t effected. I’ll keep looking!

Mottie

Ok, I found the problem… it’s the font.com script! For some reason it’s hiding all of the elements in the cloned slides because it thinks. I’ll try to do some more testing to narrow it down some more.

MichaelvanLaar
    Participant

Thanks Mottie for the help so far. I plan to replace the JavaScript webfont inclusion by a more solid direct CSS inclusion. I just have to get a paid webfont plan at fonts.com first. Another possible solution would be the Google webfont loader. But I had problems with fonts.com webfonts and the Google webfont loader, so I got back to the original fonts.com JavaScript.

Mottie

Hiya, I submitted a support request with the bug – here is the demo I made for them.

I just realized that I forgot to mention the incompatibility with Google’s web fonts, but I don’t really know the specifics, so maybe you could do it? :P

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘JavaScript’ is closed to new topics and replies.