Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Anything-Slider Movie Load Question

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    theCayce

This Anything-Slider collection is a cool and beautiful thing. I have a question, though.

I’ve adapted Anything-Slider to play a short Flash movie in each panel. Some are photo-fade sequences and others are animated. Because of the UL structure of the slider, all the movies for each panel (there are 7) begin playing in the background as soon as the page loads, so that when a certain panel’s turn comes around in the auto-play sequence, each movie appears at some random point in its own loop instead of starting at the beginning when that panel slides into view.

Is there a way of having each panel’s movie load fresh when the panel comes into view, so that the movie starts at the beginning? If not, is there a way of triggering a panel’s movie to reload from the navigation link when one is sselected?

Many thanks for your help.

Cayce

(btw: is this the best forum area for this question?)

Mottie

Hi Cayce!

Are you using a custom flash movie player? Check out the [video documentation](https://github.com/CSS-Tricks/AnythingSlider/wiki/Video) for code examples using JWPlayer, FlowPlayer and HTML5 video.

Another alternative is to use the fade mode and actually hide the panels not currently in view by setting the `resumeOnVisible` option to `false`. What this does is resets the flash code once it’s been revealed again. Here is [a demo](http://jsfiddle.net/Mottie/ycUB6/678/) using Vimeo embedded video to show you that it works – start the video then change slides, then go back :)

Marm1992
    Participant

Great article, thanks for sharing. A slider collection is a beautiful and cool thing. My brother makes beautiful animated short flash videos. I told him about this post. I am working for a custom commercial stained glass denver project for creating beautifully crafted stained glass windows designs for home places, businesses, and religious communities. I hope my brother helps you. Thanks for this.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.