Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Anything Slider is putting me in ie6/ie7 hell, please help!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    greg9885

I cannot figure out for the life of me why I cannot get the Anything Slider to display properly in ie6 and ie7. It displays fine in every other browser. I’ve even stripped everything down and tried from scratch and I still have no idea. You can see it NOT working here: test.gregdougherty.com.

The littlest help would be of great appreciation, thanks.

greg9885

Alright, I’m still not sure what’s up here. I even created http://www.test.gregdougherty.com/test with only the Anything Slider files, but it’s still not working? Any ideas?

greg9885

Well I figured it out with a little help. There was a trailing comma in the script that older versions of ie apparently do not like. Hope this might help someone someday!

Boshco

Hey greg — where in the script did you find the trailing comma? I’m having issues where the navigation buttons appear in every browser except our friends IE6 & IE7. Maybe the trailing comma is the culprit? Thanks!!

zaba

Trailing comma is at the end.
    maxOverallWidth : 32766, // Max width (in pixels) of combined sliders (side-to-side); set to 32766 to prevent problems with Opera

should be
    maxOverallWidth : 32766 // Max width (in pixels) of combined sliders (side-to-side); set to 32766 to prevent problems with Opera

zaba

Also people an invaluable resource for testing in varying I.E. versions is
    http://www.my-debugbar.com/wiki/IETester/HomePage

can be a little buggy but does a fantastic job considering, and its free.

Unfortunately theres no such thing for mac (except for the crappy screenshot stuff thats starting to appear, which is no good for checking interactivity), so you need a pc or configure your mac to boot or run in pc mode (yuk), i have a crappy laptop and i.e. tester running crappy windows vista.

post back if you find it a useful tool in your armoury

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.