Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Anything Slider and ‘Setting current slide (external link example)

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    joelmb

Hi all. I’m new here, and pretty new to jquery so please be patient! I’ve been struggling all day with this slider, though I must say if looks superb, I’m just having some trouble tweaking it to my needs….

In the Usage help https://css-tricks.com/examples/AnythingSlider/#panel2-5
    It says to add:

Setting current slide (external link example):

Slide 4

$("#slide-jump").click(function(){
    $('#slider2').anythingSlider(4);
    });

The first snippet is the link to click and change the slide, the second from the demo files source I can see goes in the head text. But it just won’t work. I changed the above snippet to slider1 as that is what my slider is called but no joy. I cant understand how the above code references the correct slide using just (4) when in the example the slide is called ‘panel4’ either?!

My wish is to eventually remove the navigation numbers, and have my top nav control the slider hence needing the above. For testing I added a “Slide 4” text link below the top left logo.

Any help is much appreciated firstly on sorting the setting slide problem, and secondly advice on how to remove the navigation number control completely.

Joel

joelmb

thanks x1000 for help mottie! now all working. yep images are going inside.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.