Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Anything Slider and CSS are Fighting

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    CJSweatt

Hello everyone!

I am currently working on a project that has bee running very smoothly until now. The web site has been built, and now the client wants an image slider on the homepage. I have set up a testing subdomain (http://testing.volunteerhattiesburg.org). I loaded all the files like I want them in the slider, and set up its own page with the code, etc. (http://testing.volunteerhattiesburg.org/sliderDemo). It all works. When I try to incorporate it into my site’s template, it will not function. For some reason the navigation buttons are conflicting with something, but I cannot figure out what. Can anyone have a quick look over? I would so much appreciate any help.

Thanks in advance!

Mottie

Hi CJSweatt!

It looks like the following parts of the css are over-riding the anythingslider definitions (all from the volunteerhattiesburg/style file). These definitions are too general and need to be made more specific to the elements they are targeting:

• Line 117: #content div#section div, #content div.section div
    • Line 145: #content div#section div span
    • Line 185: #content div#section div#figure span
    • Line 263: #content div
    • Line 269: #content div div, #content div.section div.figure
    • Line 278: #content div div span
    CJSweatt

Thank you so much for the input! The most obvious (and what fixed most of my issues) was at line 117, where I hadn’t declared the correct width, at which point I felt sheepish to have overlooked that. Thank you!

I now have things working pretty much how I want. Still needs a bit of tweaking.

Thank you again!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.