Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Anybody else seeing a jump?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Shikkediel
    Participant

Tried to inform the Codepen team about this but apparently they can’t see the issue… is it just me or does the animation have a hickup when you press the right button for the first time?

Example

I’ve seen it with other pens as well and on all major Windows browsers. Looks to me like to content window doesn’t have focus from the start, making it to ‘wake up’ first and skip a beat. It does not happen when anything else inside the window is clicked first – or when uncommenting the line that brings focus to it.

Thanks in advance.

Tom
    Participant

The animation isn’t smooth in Firefox 41.0.1 when you click the right button for the first time, in Chrome 45.0.2454.101 m it is smooth however. Both on W7 x64. Don’t have IE installed so can’t test with that.

Not sure what’s causing it, probably not my hardware since it’s fairly new.

Hope this helps a bit!

justdan
    Participant

All seemed smooth in chrome and opera on my end. FF I only saw it jump once at the beginning of the animation and then it was ok. The biggest and least smooth seemed to come from safari for me.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.