Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Any possibility to find out unneeded div clears?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    DWA

Hi,
    as I´m currently working on a web project based on the Zend framework which renders different partials / views on different pages, I´m
    trying to find out the unneeded div=”clear”s. The problem is, that the project has a lot of stylesheets and lots of positionned elements (float left, right etc.) and
    also many div=”clears”; some of them might be uneeded in the output (all added and rendered templates on the page). As this is unneeded code and hindering performance,
    I would like to know if there´s a tool in the known webmaster suites or any other way which allows to find out unnecessary div=”clear”´s.
    Any help would be appreciated!

Regards

DWA

Paulie_D

I very much doubt of having div=”clear”s is impacting site performance to any great degree.

However, there is no specific way to work out exactly what divs=”clear”s are unneeded. Your best option is to inspect each page in Web inspector or Inspect Element and try turning things on and off. However, without knowing what the Zend framework is, I suspect that this won’t help.

If you want to see what is REALLY impacting site performace, check out http://www.webpagetest.org/

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.