Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Any good interviews of Front-End developers, or computer scientists in general?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Xqisit
    Participant

I’m doing a vocation paper for my last year of high school, and I wanted to do it on computer scientists, specifically front-end devs. Got any good interviews (video or text) of some of the leaders? I’d appreciate if you’d share. :-)

jshjohnson

Being a front-end developer, I would say we are far from computer scientists!

This interview with Paul Irish is pretty good:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhWGSD_TY2Y

chrisburton
    Participant
    Xqisit
    Participant

Thank you for the links!

@johnson
    – Does front-end development not fall under the (massive) umbrella of Computer Science? Just curious, because everywhere i’ve looked it’s shown to be under that at least partially.

Or did you just mean you don’t “feel” like a computer scientist because it’s not as “deep” a field as say cryptography or something? ;)

Kuzyo
    Participant
    TheDoc

As a front-end developer, I would never consider what I do to be a part of ‘Computer Science’.

Xqisit
    Participant

What do you consider it? This is good info.

(any courses recommended are computer science, from what I have seen)

I have just been following some tutorials online, but if I was to go to a university, what would I take if not a computer science course?

I did a Harvard EDX course online, CS101, and it seemed to give a great overview of how to think logically, and it touched on HTML/CSS/PHP/JAVA briefly.

TheDoc

I haven’t (and wouldn’t) gone to University for my job, so it’s hard for me to say what a recommended course would be.

DrCLue

I get the pleasure of walking both sides of the street art and geek (since before screens and keyboards).

The geek stuff is great as people repellant

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.