Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Design Any Font Ideas for this Logo

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Justin11111
    Participant

I’m designing a website, letterhead, ect with THIS logo. I can’t seem to find anything that complements the lines of the logo. It is a construction/manufacturing business and It needs strong lines. But, Impact doesn’t seem to work with the complexity of the art. Any thoughts?

Melindrea
    Participant

Well, what kind of typeface are you looking for? What’s your budget? And is it just the font for the logo, or is it supposed to be used for something else (like body text or headers)?

Justin11111
    Participant

I don’t really have a budget and I don’t think it be easy to loosen up wallets when I say I want to buy a font. I was mostly considering something out of the freely available font libraries.

After a little more investigation I matched Cambria and Sans. I think it looks alright. Do you have an recommended resources if I wanted to know more about Typography and matching?

@janet4now – Thanks for that link. That will be handy for all the other fonts I’ll need to match!

Melindrea
    Participant

I’d look at some various articles on Smashing Magazine. They have some really good on typography.

chrisburton
    Participant

No budget for the most important part of a website? Ouch. I find it odd that people want to spend so little for what they call “just a font” when text is the main factor.

@Janet, DaFont? I really hope you are not recommending this service to clients or anyone else.

@Melindrea The best article I’ve read about typography on their site is by my friend, Joseph Alessio. I find websites dedicated to type far more educational, however.

__
    Participant

…I was mostly considering something out of the freely available font libraries.

After a little more investigation I matched Cambria and Sans.

Cambria is not free.

By “Sans” do you mean “Open Sans”? That one’s free (though it looks nothing like Cambria).

Melindrea
    Participant

@chrisburton

Care to share a couple of links? I always enjoy to learn more, and prefer to use more endorsed places, ie ones that trusted acquaintances read.

chrisburton
    Participant
    chrisburton
    Participant

@Joe Different kerns? I think you meant to say different styles. Kerning is the spacing between two characters.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.