Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Another IE problem

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Dark Ashelin

Well, as usual, IE is being a **** and screws up all my coding. However, most of the users that visit my website still use IE, so I’ll have to fix this problem.

Here you can see what I’m having trouble with: http://www.bangerracing.be/Bangerracing … ayout.html
    In Firefox or Chrome, you can see it’s all fine. But in IE, it messes up the background and text placement.

For now I’ve added some javascript that detects the users browser, and if it’s IE, it redirects them to another page saying they have to use another browser. But I can’t keep it this way, I’m pretty sure I’ll lose a lot of visitors.
    What should I do?

Dark Ashelin

1) Never even used a doctype O.o I’ll look it up and try to apply it.
    2) Yeah sorry, I just used what Photoshop already gave me when I exported it in html and just worked from there.
    3) The Z-index and positions is standard generated in Dreamweaver. I could delete it if it bothers you :P

TheDoc

Just cleaned this one up a bit, nothing wrong with a newbie asking questions!

Ashelin, virtual is right. There are a plethora of tutorials out there, I suggest you just keep on reading. I’m still learning new things almost every day (a lot simply from going through every post on this forum!). Don’t hesitate to ask for help, that’s what this place is for.

Also, using Dreamweaver’s drag on drop system will cause headaches, no doubt about it. It’s SUPER imperative that you learn how to code all on your own. It’s not going to happen overnight, that’s for sure, but practice makes perfect.

Dark Ashelin
    "TheDoc" wrote:
    Just cleaned this one up a bit, nothing wrong with a newbie asking questions!

Ashelin, virtual is right. There are a plethora of tutorials out there, I suggest you just keep on reading. I’m still learning new things almost every day (a lot simply from going through every post on this forum!). Don’t hesitate to ask for help, that’s what this place is for.

Also, using Dreamweaver’s drag on drop system will cause headaches, no doubt about it. It’s SUPER imperative that you learn how to code all on your own. It’s not going to happen overnight, that’s for sure, but practice makes perfect.

Thanks ^^
    Yeah I heard Dreamweaver uses a lot of weird/unnecessary coding and is really messy, but still I think the interface is really handy and a lot easier than just coding from scratch in Notepad. I’ll try to keep improving as much as I can with programming.

I managed to fix the IE problem by adding a doctype, so thanks virtual for mentioning that :)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.