Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Another CSS weirdness

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi all,
    there’s a piece of code I don’t understand. Here it is:

Code:

TEST

The problem is that if I move the additional style attributes from the line "<DIV class=anim style="margin-left:103px;color:white">TEST</DIV>" to the top (in the DIV.anim style) it stops working as it should (horizontally centered layers). Even if I add a "background-color" attribute to the DIV.anim style the anim layer jumps to the left. Why?????

Thank you ;)

Anonymous
    Inactive

It is absurd: even if I change the line:

Code:
    div.anim {position:absolute;width:216px;height:122px;top:120px;left:103px”}

into the line

Code:
    div.anim {position:absolute;top:120px;left:103px;width:216px;height:122px”}

the "anim" layer shifts to the left!!! :shock:

Nodster

don’t know if its the answer your looking for, but you have ended your CSS list with double quotes instead of a semicolon.

might be as simple as that.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks for your reply.
    I removed the double quotes, but it didn’t resolved. So I removed the "left:103px;" and moved all the attributes to the top:

Code:
    div.anim {position:absolute;width:216px;height:182px;top:120px;margin-left:103px;color:white}

Now it works correctly, but I wonder why I had this strange behaviour:
    – if attributes are all on the div.anim{…} line without the "left" tag….. all OK (I still don’t know why)
    – if attributes are all on the div.anim{…} line with the "left" tag….. LEFT SHIFT
    – if attributes aren’t all on the div.anim{…} line (some attributes defined directly in the div tag) and there is the "left" tag….. all OK <

WHY??????????

Thanks for help

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.