Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums JavaScript Animation totally sucks in Firefox

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    zerobrainwash
    Participant

Hi guys,

I have been developing this for about a month and trying out different setups. What I have learnt so far that jQuery animation sucks and CSS also can’t handle well big transitions.

I came across GASP which improved performance somewhat, however not as smooth as the client expects and I also would like to achieve better result.

The slideshow is this one – http://zerobrainwash.com/sandbox/pixeleyes/?p=145 .

It works by simply animating change in absolute position. So if I click on next slide, the whole wrapper div will move to left so new slide is in the middle.

I know there are many more experienced people on this forum than I am so I would appreciate any kind of help or suggestions :)

As a food for thought, would it be feasible to try this as HTML5 canvas? Or there are some acceleration hacks which I am not aware of? Performance is especially bad on Firefox which is really unfortunate since that’s also the browser that the client uses.

zerobrainwash
    Participant

Hi mtotie,

Thanks for your reply. I now also investigated further rendering and painting times of these images and realized that there is nothing I can do to improve them since this is simply how long rendering and painting of full-screen images takes. I guess Flash is still the best for such thing.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘JavaScript’ is closed to new topics and replies.