Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other And now for something completely different…

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Luminated

Hey all,

I had a customer sign a deal about 3 years ago and fall off the face of the earth and they finally came back into the scene recently, and as a result, my skills and style of designing changed dramatically since 3 years ago.

It’s a pretty small client, and they really didn’t care what kind of design I made (one of those clients that would be happy with just about anything). Well, since they didn’t care, I decided to really have some fun with it (beware, extreme cute zone ahead!): :mrgreen:

http://illuminateddesigns.net/crystalclear/

I decided to use it to stretch my Illustrator skills, so everything is created by me, no istock or anything (although I used some graphics to be inspired from) and the top left logo/clouds were supplied by the client. Also used some nifty CSS3 tactics and the page does validate on XHTML1.0 Strict and CSS3.

Anyway, I just wanted to see what you all thought since I value your opinions greatly. Its nothing like what is on my portfolio currently and I’m still deliberting putting it on there or not. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts!

Note: Once again, no more IE6 support, especially for this particular client.

http://illuminateddesigns.net/crystalclear/

dcp3450
    Participant

AWESOME! I love sites that using anchor scrolling.

You need a link to get to the top and previous option.

a cool idea may be to have the menu remain static. this would allow the user access to the menu at all times plus allow them to view any area as they link with out using a previous or top option.

TheDoc

Yup, a fixed menu for a site like this is VERY important.

dcp3450
    Participant

I set your #menu-nav to position: fixed in firebug. worked great. looks cool too.

Luminated

Ah, you know what, I actually had that fixed originally, but the menu was cut off on 1024 x 768, so I didn’t do it and added the arrows instead.

But, I ended up reducing the header image to bring things above the fold and didn’t go back and see if this would work on 1024…I will try it again, as that was my original intent for the design!

Thanks guys…and glad you like it. Do you think it’s portfolio worthy, or a bit too over the top?

Luminated

Ok, I added the sticky nav on the left and the site is now live!

http://www.crystalclearpendulums.com/

Unfortunately I had to switch to XHTML 1.0 Transitional since the PayPal integration was not going to let it be strict. Oh well.

Thanks for the feedback guys! :mrgreen:

TheDoc

Looks good, Lars! I just noticed that the page gets brighter as you work closer to the bottom (closer to the sunrise), very cool!

Luminated

That is good feedback…I think I really wanted the experience of being able to reach the footer without using the scroll bars or mouse wheel…do you feel people will still scroll to see the footer? I think the up arrows would crowd the scene too much so I’d sooner remove them if they really don’t end up working out.

AshtonSanders
    Participant
    "xheathen" wrote:
    Yes it is 100% portfolio worthy. Mainly because it displays versatility. It’s a great looking site that just won’t fit most people’s cup of tea. But it clearly illustrates your ability to create.

Ditto.

It’s a very feminine site. I always prefer being diverse over specialized – esp in design style.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.