Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Aminah Designs Website

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    cupaball

Hi All:

Any comments for my site.

http://www.aminahdesigns.com

cupaball

Thanks, I am absolutely no good with type and I keep trying to learn some kind of fundamentals.

Any resources would be great!

chazzwick

its a good design, it leads the eye well to the most important content, although i do agree with Edwin, it could use spacing out a bit. i would also reconsider the gray on purple text at the bottom, its slightly hard to read.
    also, the contact form on the services page looks a bit plain, compared with the rest of the site.

Nodster

I agree with what the others have said,

could i also include your ‘Client Work’ section.

I thought that having 2 indentical images was a bit cheeky but then noticed in the info bar that one was a link to a business card and the other to a website.

I would suggest that you could / should highlight that you do both..maybe with a header: ie. Print, Web etc maybe give your potential clients more of an insight to your work.

cupaball
    "Nodster" wrote:
    I agree with what the others have said,

could i also include your ‘Client Work’ section.

I thought that having 2 indentical images was a bit cheeky but then noticed in the info bar that one was a link to a business card and the other to a website.

I would suggest that you could / should highlight that you do both..maybe with a header: ie. Print, Web etc maybe give your potential clients more of an insight to your work.

Thanks! All the images are coming from a data base and being pulled randomly each time the page loads. I have have not quick figured out how to use a foreign key in my data base that would only pull the one image.

Thanks for the feed back!

koewnet

Totally agree with chazzwick: Make better contrast on the footer-text (the purple-gradient)? As it is now, I quickly got annoyed while reading it. I used firebug to turn it off (both purple and the gradient) to make it easier to read.

saertus

Hi,

i like the proportions, buts if you do 3 things, i would improve too much.

1.- add some better styling on the menu, style your background a bit, try a pattern maybe.
    2.- choose other typography, try verdana, georgia, etc… those are the ones i use. and make it smaller, just a bit, use ems on your css instead of pixels, and reset the font-size to 62%, then apply 1 em to the font, you´ll see the diference.
    3.- i wouldnt use that linear gradient in the footer, if you want to use a gradient try one softer, perhaps using same colors, but radial gradient. and try a whiter typography color to contrast the baskground.

keep it up

cupaball

Thanks, I will be all over this, this weekend.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.