Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Am I the only nerd who puts easter eggs in code? Surely not!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    nixnerd
    Participant

Here’s my calling card: <!--I code, therefore I am-->

What’s yours?

Josh
    Participant

Mostly I don’t leave much in my HTML, but in my CSS and JS comments, I tend to be rather snarky, and include various pop culture references, from Douglas Adams ( .magic-number { width: 42%; } // The answer is always 42 ) to Terry Pratchett ( .octiron { color: #430b60} ).

Mostly just snark, though.

__
    Participant

Usually only in server-side source comments – and more of “amusing commentary” than a “calling card.”

I did once write a web app where, if you visit the log-out page when you’re already logged out, it would display an error message asking you to log in before logging out.

I wrote this once, without realizing the pun until later:

$action = $_GET['lost'];

David_Leitch
    Participant

I definitely do, although only in the CSS or JS.

Yesterday I wrote a diatribe about how cracked out and busted the CMS we’re using is within the CSS, ending with ‘[CMS name]. I hate you’. ‘Internet Explorer. I hate you’ is also pretty common.

I also finished off a fairly complex and well commented PHP script with ‘Or just ask David.’ (particularly because we’re about to get a new junior developer in the office).

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.