Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Back End All images in my index.php file will not show in browser

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Preeminent
    Participant

Hello all,
    I am going to try and explain what I have been working on this past week:
    I am using php and a -RSS to HTML- converter(Carp) to display rss feeds in two areas of my index.php page.
    In one css div I am using a php script to pull in and display my Flickr Images Feed.

In another css div I am using Carp to display my rss feed of my blog.

I had to go back and forth trying a bunch of different things to get these to work. My server is running php4 so I had to add a new .htaccess file to make it use php5(since the php script I am using involves simplexml(which apparently does not work with php4))

I also had to go from using index.html to using index.php extension.

I did have to add an additional php.ini file in order to add the
    allow_url_fopen ON in PHP configuration

So now I am stuck. The feeds are there and displaying great, but all my images for the site which is linked to a css file are not showing up when I view the site live. THe text is there, but no graphics! If I preview my index.php file through dreamweaver, they show up in both firefox and IE7. So basically I’m just wondering if this has to do with something in the many different php files that are being used.
    Anyone have any ideas? Before I began displaying these feeds, all the graphics were showing up fine.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • The forum ‘Back End’ is closed to new topics and replies.