Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other alittlephotoshop.com

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Hey guys, here’s my latest project for you to take a look out. This is a personal project and the company that I work with.

http://www.alittlephotoshop.com/

This is us throwing our hat into the professional blogging circuit with a photoshop for photographers themed blog. My boss, Stuart is the blogger in this endeavour. He’s been on the photoshop scene as a teacher for some years now.

I like the site layout personally, um… there are bits and bobs i know that need tweaks, like spacing in some areas of the content. Unfortunately our previous site/blog which I will be the first to admit, we botched in terms of bad blog posts and bad markup holding it together, played victim to an epic phishing scam. We pulled it down in a hurry, got the new site up on mediatemple and cancelled our old host. My point being that towards the end of this layout there was definate rush to finish. (This is my excuse for any proper layout errors that you will undoubtedly come across!)

so i’d love to hear your opinions on the look, but also it’s funcitonality as a blog and hopefully too the content! You will definately see elements inspired by other big and sucessful blogs, css-tricks included. We really were focused on making this one work.

We really put quite a great deal of thought into the blog design. Trying to keep it as minimal and accessible as I could but as well as making it fully featured and SEO friendly. I’m also bullying my boss into really putting a lot of effort into his post titles and such!

It’s funny, despite this being partly rushed It’s still very much got pride of place in my portfolio. I hope you guys like it and can see some potential in it, we’re very excited to launch it and hopefully build the Little Photoshop brand & business around it.

Cheers

Greg

Matt

I like the clean design, and what I like most is the revealing menus. That looks so out of the ordinary to me, and so original.

thanks for the replies guys, glad you like the menu. I’m glad it survived too as there was a period where i had to convince my boss to keep the style.

Definately no rip offs but plenty inspiration, not only in the design but wording and such. Specifically a pointer to the fullscreen button on the screencast posts was a Mr Coyier inspired moment.

Since the screencasts are done in such high quality though we really wanted to point it out to people that they could go fullscreen HD. So shamelessly it’s in there :)

( Thanks for that little gem Chris! ;p )

FAQPAL

Definitely a nice layout, love the menu effects.

The only things I was disappointed in were that you have no hover effect on the post titlescategory and comment counts. Also, the link color for the "Continue Reading…" link doesn’t seem to match the color scheme.

All in all great job.

thanks FAQPAL,

Good points, which I have acted upon :)

I think ill revisit my hover states in more detail, still not thrilled with them, but theres some added.

Thanks for the feedback, I appreciate it!

FAQPAL

Looks better already.

eddiegiese

I like the clean layout! Very legible and you put the prominence on the images, which they deserve since it’s a Photoshop site.

The only feedback I have for you is that the RSS and Email subscription links seem to small to me. Maybe just icons for both? Or add an email icon with the word Email next to it, and keep the RSS as-is.

Just a thought…

You’re probably right there Eddie, we really do need the conversions.

Ill put a bit more thought into that today, thanks for the feedback

still no hover effect on the post title :P May be you can just darken the colour on hover.. Simple and cool enough :) All in all the design is really great! Your menu is already a hit so no need to comment on that 8-)

keithdevon

This is a great looking site. Well done!

It might sound silly but my favorite bit is the little orange bar at the very top. It just works really well for me. Oh, and the colours in the footer. Lovely.

Thanks Keith!

It was one of my first real efforts combining a lot of learning of the past year, I appreciate the comments :D

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.