Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS [Solved] alignment issue of 3 elements in a row

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    knowledgenotebook
    Participant

Hi,

I have 3 elements in a row, namely, an input box, one text formatting function and one navigation aid. For the last two I’d like them Right-aligned in the order of ‘formatting function’ (named indent), a white space, and then the ‘navigation aid’ (named expand).
    Please see the following codepen for what I mean:
    http://codepen.io/knowledgenotebook/pen/RNdLgG

How to fix it?
    Many thanks.

Senff
    Participant

For starters, take away the widths of the buttons an give them some left/right margins.

Then give the wrapping element (in your case, TD) a specific width in pixels. 600 or so.

knowledgenotebook
    Participant

Thanks for the idea. However, problem remains. In the meantime, I reverse the order the last two elements to temporarily get what I need, and yet, it’s not a desirable solution. And I prefer not to set a fixed width for the TD since this screen/panel may expand to cover the 95% of the user’s entire window. Hmm, something still isn’t right.

Senff
    Participant

You need to be more clear what you exactly want then.

Paulie_D

I see you’re still posting Codepen’s with inline CSS….this really isn’t helpful.

I’m inclined to help but you keep making me work for it…you’re going about it the wrong way.

knowledgenotebook
    Participant

@Paulie_D, fair enough. I’ve separated the CSS code from HTML now. And I have two images files in the same location as the HTML file, however, the two image icons are not being referenced. Why not?

Thanks.

Shikkediel
    Participant

The path in your CSS would need to be absolute, like url(http://www.yoursite.com/imagefolder/indent.png).

Paulie_D

So…what are our options…can we change the HTML?

Can we use Javascript?

Doubtful if CSS is the solution here.

knowledgenotebook
    Participant

@Shikkediel, I’ve made the change for the URL reference, still no go. Hmm…

knowledgenotebook
    Participant

“can we change the HTML?”, sure, what needs to be changed for the HTML? tks.

Paulie_D

Remove all the extraneous margins & stuff…throw a span around the two elements you need on the right and float that right.

http://codepen.io/Paulie-D/pen/KwEQjJ

Shikkediel
    Participant

still no go

?

Example

It’s a nice button by the way (Inkscape experiment) :

knowledgenotebook
    Participant

“Remove all the extraneous margins & stuff…throw a span around the two elements you need on the right and float that right.”, yes, I did, but the images were not showing up. The text icon is not cool at all. Thanks tho.

knowledgenotebook
    Participant

@Shikkediel, No, I don’t need button for this.

Paulie_D

“Remove all the extraneous margins & stuff…throw a span around the two elements you need on the right and float that right.”, yes, I did, but the images were not showing up. The text icon is not cool at all. Thanks tho.

What does that mean?

Your original question was about layout. Is that solved?

The images not showing up is an entirely separate issue.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.