Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Aligning Post Titles

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    jamo_dodger

I am working on a site using the twenty eleven theme in WorPress:

http://www.makewpwebsites.com/

I want my homepage to display my most recent posts and i am using 2 plugins. 1) Widgets on pages 2)advanced recent posts widget. This works well however i am having trouble aligning the titles and dates. I want the image to be on the left which they are atm, I also want the post title and dates to align with the post excerpt on the right.

I shifted them over using margin-left: 280px; and this worked well. However when i increased the title text size the last word goes on to the next line, and doesnt have a margin of 280px i originally set. If you go to my homepage you can see this with the Top 10 WordPress Theme Frameworks test post. How can i get this word to go onto the next line but remain inline with the post excerpt.

Thank you in advance

PS is margin-left the best way to align this text.

Paulie_D

Unfortunately, I think it’s going to take some re-structuring of the HTML to achieve what you want.

I have little knowledge of WP but my guess is that the plugins structure/style the posts differently.

jamo_dodger

I used display: block – think this is the best way

Paulie_D

>I used display: block – think this is the best way

Hey, if it works for you then that’s fine.

Frankly, I don’t think it’s the **best** way.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.