Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Align Image to Bottom of Paragraph…

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

I must be missing something easy…

How can I align the images in the paragraph copy to the bottom of the paragraph and maintain the word wrap? I’ve tried all kinds of stuff with positioning and margins, but nothing that works well.

See work file at jsFiddle

Any suggestions?

Thank you,
    CM

TheDoc

Interesting query. Off the top of my head, I would say it’s impossible. You could manually position each image, but I’m sure that’s not the solution you are going after.

At the moment you have the img tag before your text, move it to the end and that will give you more control, still going to be tricky though.

Upon further investigation I found this: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2944106/css-how-to-align-image-left-bottom-to-the-text-block

It’s not difficult to position the image where I want it but, it’s very difficult to maintain the word wrap around the image. When you use absolute positioning the image is removed from doc flow and copy no longer wraps.

Margins don’t work. The word wrap is maintained but the margin dimension is included in the word wrap so you have a gap in the copy.

Maybe something like setting page-wrap display to table and paragraph display to table cells. Then the vertical-align is available…

Thank you for the help,
    CM

Nope.

That’s a great solution!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.