Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Align divs/items around other resizeable (center) item

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    jm
    Participant

Hello!
    I would like to find out the most elegant simple actual way of aligning/sticking more DIVs around other positioned item. (E.g. one resizeable center absol. percentage positioned image and captions/others around it -with option to distribute it, move it, offset it -px and percentage…)

Other way: is there still no convenient (or I am not aware of) CSS property/method/approach which basically say to an item: jump to the flow, look to the right/down… and move as far as you touch other better (same z-index) fixed item in a way? (e.g. stick it to the left side of an image div then move it to a bottom corner and then offset it 3% down) Are there not better/more relative parameters between DIVs (not between parent and children)? Without redundant boxes. Responsive. Fluid. With or without flex-box. Do I want too much after so many years? Any ideas, opinions? CSS4 :)? Others are not missing it?

Thanks in advance.

edited – link to an illustration: http://s24.postimg.org/ytnfnyy1h/css_problem_res.jpg

Paulie_D

A couple of mock up images would be helpful in working out what it is you are trying to do.

Paulie_D

I am also wondering why the centre div has to be absolutely positioned..

Absolute positioning just is a pain to fiddle with in responsiveness terms.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.