Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS a:hover styles not applying

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    angelazou
    Participant

Hi,

I’m setting up a sample work here http://jsfiddle.net/DrExy/ and I’ve configured some styles on the button, especially in its hover state, but they are not showing, and I don’t know why it’s not working. In addition, there is this funky white border that I did not gave to the button but it’s just there and I don’t know where to remove it.

Angela

PS: can you suggest a color to use for the “some text” paragraph? I’m not artistic at all, and I’m often having trouble finding the right color. The color scheme stuff doesn’t really give me good answers either.

Mottie

Try using .home-span a:hover button, updated demo.

I think the black looks fine, it might look cleaner with a green text, but I’ll let someone with more design sense to give you a recommendation.

angelazou
    Participant

Thanks, so the technical stuff is done, just the text colors are really awful. And the box shadow is working, but kind of awful too. It has that nouveau riche look, don’t you think? It was suppose to look elegant.

Angela

Mottie

Maybe more subtle colors? I switched some of the colors around to use hsl because it makes it so much easier to choose shades of a color group.

Try out this color picker to see what I mean (just change the luminosity – last value – to see what I mean) :P

angelazou
    Participant

It looks great, thank you

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.