Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS ah! i cant get my #content_box transparent again :(

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    mikeman

i recently posted here for help on this and came to a final conclusion and got it working, but i went and messed with it and broke it, so i came back here to go over the posts and i dont know what im doing differently this time to make it not work

on ronaproject.com

id like the #content_box to be black/ black transparent to see the gradiant background of the site.. i just dont see what im doing differently this time, i copied the working code from my previous post but it wont go back.

please make a js fiddle so that we can help you out better

clokey2k
    Participant

Chris has ‘been-there-done-that’. IE is not a fan of RGBa;

See if reading ‘RGBa Browser Support’ helps, there is a fallback listed.

clokey2k
    Participant

*COUGH* ‘background:transparent;’ *COUGH*

Please excuse my bluntness but in your IE stylesheet you want to override the background colour – like it said in the article:

.color-block {
    background:transparent; //<--- :-)
    filter:progid:DXImageTransform.Microsoft.gradient(startColorstr=#99000050,endColorstr=#99000050);
    zoom: 1;
    }
    clokey2k
    Participant

Whoops double post;

clokey2k
    Participant

Sorry I copied the ‘.color-block’ from Chris’s post. It must be something obvious…

I look at your site again later, see if anything jumps out…

clokey2k
    Participant

OK after checking your ‘iestyles.css’ you haven’t added a ‘background: transparent’. It is key!!!

In your regular CSS you provided a fallback colour of #111. In you IE stylesheet you need to override that with something like ‘background-color: transparent’. So when you apply the filter, you aren’t adding to a solid colour.

.custom #content_box {
    background-color: transparent;
    filter: progid:DXImageTransform.Microsoft.gradient(startColorstr=#3F000000,endColorstr=#3F000000); /* IE6–IE9 */
    }
    .custom #page {
    background-color: transparent;
    filter: progid:DXImageTransform.Microsoft.gradient(startColorstr=#3F000000,endColorstr=#3F000000); /* IE6–IE9 */
    }

This appeared to work in IE tester.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.