Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other After some constructive feedback

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    SeanHood

Just after some constructive feedback on my website.

http://seanhood.co.uk/

and

http://seanhood.co.uk/?bg=wood2

I may possibly remove the photo section to push my design and development work once ive got a few more designs up.

Cheers
    Sean

I really like the design of the site; it’s clean, sleek, and smooth. The only thing I would consider changing is the single-page layout. The reason for this is because it is an old technique that was used back in the 90s, and so it kinda makes the site feel old – this in itself a contradiction, as the site’s design feels very modern.

Apart from that I like it!

SeanHood

thanks for that i wasn’t sure about the single page thing but i couldn’t create/write enough content to warrant each part to have separate pages

AshtonSanders
    Participant

I feel like I’ve seen that greyscale wooden background 3-4 times already, but it’s definitely cool. The obviousness of the repeated background annoys me just a tad, though.

On your scroll downs (when you click on a link), I would recommend having the page stop 50px before the top of the box. It is currently leaving a lot more space on the bottom than on the top (unbalanced).

I do like that minimalist style though. Good work.

mattvot

Yeh, what Ashton said. I would have a top margin at each section. I think it looks weird with the sections touching the top of the browser frame.

SeanHood

Cheers for all the feedback so far, ive had a mess with the css so that is now fixed

Sean

AshtonSanders
    Participant

Yep, you fixed it. I don’t have any more critiques for ya ;)

Good work.

After coming back to this post and looking at your site again, I have reconsidered – I like it, keep the single page layout as it seems to be coming back into fashion, one other thing, you need a form validation on your contact form to stop people from entering false information.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.