Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Back End Advice for a voting / multiple rating plugin for post types other than GD Star R

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    ani7ruddha
    Participant

I would like to let users of one of my WP projects to cast votes on certain post types; the type of votes cast should differ slightly according to post type. For example for one post type they might vote for things like “money value”, “quality”, “comfort” (imagine a hotel…) for other things they might cast votes for things like “is the article interesting?” or “helpful”. For other post types there wouldn’t be polls at all. And so on. I need to show average ratings in a widget and perhaps the user individual rating to be displayed along his comment (users should be registered and, on certain post types at least, post rating contextually to comment, which would function as user review as well). It would be nice if I can make it work also for BBPress plugin, since technically forum posts are custom post types, therefore users might rate forum threads for being “interesting” or “useful” for example.

I’ve found GD Star Rating plugin, but it seems to me a bit overcomplicated, documentation is a bit obscure (I guess it’s for paid support only, but I want to be sure if it’s what I really need before subscribing a license). On the other hand there’s no built in support for post types, which is scheduled for release 2.0.

Is there any simple alternative? Doesn’t matter if it’s a free or commercial plugin, as long as it’s straightforward to use and provides support for what I’d like to achieve.

Thank you!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • The forum ‘Back End’ is closed to new topics and replies.