Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Advert Design Help Please

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    ChrisBull

Hi, My dad recently decided that as i took graphic products as a g.c.s.e at school I was suitably qualified to design an advert for his company to go into some printed publication.
    The problem is, I don’t have the faintest idea how to arrange things to look good in printed things such as adverts, So i was wondering if you could all give me some suggestions on which way to go with this. Backgrounds, placing of objects, pictures, fonts etc.
    The adverts dimensions are 62*185mm which makes it even harder to design for.
    I have uploaded an image with all the elements he requires.
    I’m not asking someone to design it for me, but would really appreciate your advise and expertise…
    Many Thanks
    Chris

Heres the link – Advert

rubistarr

Basic design rules:

only use about 3 fonts max. Keep the colors simple. Provide a fair amount of white space. break up the text so it can be read easily. Decide what is the most important text and make it stand out from the rest. (perhaps the contact info in your case?) If you want to add more color elements I would pull them from the existing color and/or use coordinating ones. hope this helps. If you post the actual designs we can give more feedback then too of course

ChrisBull

Thanks for the reply – I did some work on it today, What do you think. I’m not too sure about the leafs as bullet points… Or what to do with the contact information.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.