Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Adobe Edge Reflow

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    VladimirKrstic
    Participant

Adobe just released first Preview of Edge Reflow. http://html.adobe.com/edge/reflow/

Don’t know about you but i waited for this since they announce it. We all know here that WYSIWYG editors suck right? Can Reflow be any good and help us build responsive design more quickly and effectively we will see..

Nin Abayata
    Participant

Hi Vlad,

This is an old post (last year) and I might just be reviving another old thread. However, after a few updates of Edge CC, I could say that Reflow has the potentials, but it still lacks some elements that definitely makes it the best tool to export clean, semantic CSS and html markup.

I’ve also tried two other “codesign” solutions like Macaw and Webflow. Macaw has a potential as well, but quite buggy. It’s got a great UI though. Webflow on the other hand is very promising and perhaps the best as of now, however, I prefer to use a desktop app than work on my designs through the browser.

It’s been a year since your post, what are your thoughts about Reflow? You’ve probably tried it out.

Paulie_D

it still lacks some elements that definitely makes it the best tool to export clean, semantic CSS and html markup.

Yes, because it’s not a website building tool….it’s a page design tool.

The Edge ‘suite’ has potential to manage individual parts of the site build workflow.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adobe_Edge

Nin Abayata
    Participant

Old post but I’m reviving in response to your opinion of it only as a page design tool (reviving has become a habit, :D)

As far as I remember Adobe Reflow supports “pages” that you can “link” to one another, so it’s not merely a page design tool, although I’m not trying to imply that it is a full-blown website creation software. I see it to be an ambitious project to create a “codesign” tool that rivals Webflow and Macaw although I use it merely as a prototype tool and pass results to developer for further “fixing” to come up with a production-ready code. It so far delivers good results but it doesn’t mean human intervention is not needed.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.