Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Adobe Catylyst, Flex Builder and the new CS5

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Gondoli

Dear all,

I’m a beginning web developer trying to wrap my head around all of the latest and greatest software and online goodies to make web design and implementation as easy as possible. I’ve recently become aware of new adobe applications that I’m kind of unsure of as to their ultimate application.
    First off, my specific goal is to create a business/e-commerce/blog/interactive website.

Is it possible to be able to seamlessly create a design via Photoshop, create dynamic functionality in Catylyst, Layout the HTML, PHP, Javascript, etc. in Dreamweaver CS5 (this is a new feature in CS5) and create interactive elements in Flash Builder and tie it all together using a WordPress CMS.

Does anyone have experience with Flash Builder or Flex Builder? Can it be used to create a straight website? Can a CMS like wordpress work with xml and actionscript?

Can Flash builder elements be incorporated into dreamweaver CS5?

Can Flash Catylyst be incorporated into dreamweaver CS5?

I’ve been unable to find clear cut answers to these questions and any guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks

Paul

justbobf

Well, you can use Flash to create SWF files that you can add to a web page, like one you could create in Dreamweaver. The SWF file could be a simple animation, or an entire site.

But, I think Flash has fallen out of favor, recently. For one thing, you cannot reference a specific page in a Flash file is you have designed the entire site in Flash. So, you cannot send someone a link to a specific page and say, "look at this."

Second, Apple is not supporting Flash. So, there is no Flash content on the iPhone, iPod Touch, or the iPad. Apple says Flash is old and the world is moving away from it.

I wish I could comment on WordPress. I have never used it, but it looks awfully complicated.

If you are super new and don’t plan to get really involved in all this, you might just want to try Apple’s iWeb. It’s a great little program and super-easy to use. But, you wouldn’t be able to design a store with it for anything more than just a few items.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.