Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS adjust specific divs inside td adjacent to each other

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Hi I have following HTML

[MOD EDIT: Unreadable Code removed – JSFiddle available]

I want to arrange data 5,6 adjacent to data 1,2 or any upcoming data adjacent to data 1,2 how can I do this using CSS.
    for more visit http://jsfiddle.net/vishalpatwardhan/rYsKF/4/

Rohithzr
    Participant

It is really confusing that what is it you are trying to achieve :

you have inserted two tds, in the first you have divs (aligned one below the other) and in the second td you have 4 divs. And you want to break the second td into two different parts and display it adjacent to first div.

just to mention: using inline-block wont help you. if you use tr td then it will function the way they are. i.e. tr breaks a line and td creates a column.

just a mere suggestion : avoid using tables! use divs, they give you better flexibility

Paulie_D

>just a mere suggestion : avoid using tables! use divs, they give you better flexibility

Generally true bit in the case of tabular data (as seems to be the suggestion here based on the fiddle).. a table is probably the best option.

Paulie_D

Other than that, I agree, I’m trying to figure out what it is you are trying to do.

Do you have an example /image of how this is supposed to work?

I want to adjust data to be adjacent to each other only new coming data e.g. in this case you see I arrange data 5 adjacent to 4 but can I achieve something like adjacent to 1 and then to data 2 and so on..
    Is it possible if not, then should I make arrangements so that data 5,6 will reside in first tr,td and this way is there any solution to make it work ?

Paulie_D

Just restating the requirement doesn’t help.

We need to know WHY this is important so we understand the context and can offer solutions.

Do you have examples/images of before and after states?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.