Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Adding link or a href to the title of a widget

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    nutt318

I’ve been searching for a while now and can’t seem to figure out how to add a link or a href to the title of a widget in the sidebar.

For example I have the wp e-commerce plug-in on my page and I’ve renamed the ‘product categories’ widget to ‘Online Store’ Now how do I get this title of the widget which is wrapped in h2 tags a link to it.

I’ve tried looking in the widget folder of the wp e-commerce plug-in and found some h2 tags but when adding the href around the h2 tags nothing happens.

Anyone have any suggestions?

cybershot
    Participant

are you using proper syntax? are you mixing php and html the proper way? do you have a link to the site?

nutt318

I’m not to sure. Basically I just need a way to specify or add a href or to a specfic widgets title.

http://www.gomcracing.com – site is still a work in progress

cybershot
    Participant

what version of wordpress are you using. You should be able to set the title of the widget in the widget area. I would think this would work

Online Store

nutt318

Im using the latest version – 3.0.1, I tried what you said and it didnt work.

cybershot
    Participant

modify the file again and then post the code here for review. maybe you made a mistake. I would say that you will have to hard code it into the widget. Just post the h2 lines of code after your modification

slip

Did anyone ever find a solution to this? I’m looking to do the same thing. I’m using two default widgets (Recent Posts and Archives) and one custom one which acts just like Recent Posts but to display posts from a custom Post Type.

The title field on the widgets doesn’t accept any HTML to include links. I’m looking for a way to set an individual link for each widget title which displays in the sidebar.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.