Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Adding a blog to my website

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    ScottMacD

Hello Everyone!

I am student, studying Multimedia Computing : Web Development.
    I currently have, and run my own web site. It is Html/css bases with a couple of flash objects.
    and a blog which is provided my blogger(google)

My site currently has six pages, but i would like to add a blog to it, can anyone suggest the best way to add a blog to my site which can be easily customized and updated.

Please note i cannot use word press as my hosting package does not support MySQL.

If you would like to check out my site , heres the link Http://www.bluecone.co.uk

ScottMacD

okay, thanks for having a look.

Which browser did you view my site with?

Ive added a 15px margin to my main content, what you you think? too much ? too little?

view at Http://www.bluecone.co.uk/

cssgirl
    Participant

What type of database does your host support?

Movable Type (used to, I think it still does) works with Berkley database and postreg sql.

Or, you can use blogger and have it redirect to your domain (ie: yoursite.com/blog)

ScottMacD

Thanks you CssGirl ill have a look into it, i’m not 100% sure about databases so ill have to ask the support team of my hosting provider, but ill have a look at Movable type .

Thanks again :D

pauldavis

Kind of un-related, but:

If your on 1&1 (Only guessing, as the advert is there and I too am, with no MySQL support) then I feel your pain. I tried a free host (http://www.000webhost.com/) for WordPress, and link to it. It worked fine until I couldn’t upload anything, their server said it refused to do anything, basicly.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.