Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS active state page question (solved)

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    dave

hello all, the question that i have is in refernce to the following link
    http://css-tricks.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=408&p=1930&hilit=wordpress+active+page#p1930

im basicly trying to do the same thing, the only difference is that im attempting to do this using wordpress with a custom template called photo.php which consist of the following code

Code:

according to the link that i mentioned, chris describes how one first needs to create a body tag in the file. as you can see i included the tag <body="photo">, which im not certain whether the opening and closing are in the right place.

second, this is the code that i have in my css file

Code:
    ul.nav li.photos a:hover {
    width: 172px;
    background: url(images/navphotos.jpg) bottom no-repeat;
    }
    ul.nav li.news a:hover {
    width: 133px;
    background: url(images/navnews.jpg) bottom no-repeat;
    }
    ul.nav li.about a:hover {
    width: 148px;
    background: url(images/navabout.jpg) bottom no-repeat;
    }
    ul.nav li.contact a:hover {
    width: 224px;
    background: url(images/navcontact.jpg) bottom no-repeat;
    }

/* ——————————————————— */

body#photo ul.nav li.photos a {
    background-position: bottom no-repeat;
    }

i believe that im referencing the body tag in my photo.php file, yet when i click on the link on the page. it do not remain in the active state color, which i should be referencing by pointing to background-position: bottom.

is there something that im missing here? my rollover states and all are working fine, im just having problems with this active state page.

ok after a few hours of searching the forum i finally figured it out. basicly i used the php method that chris did a video on putting this bit of code…

Code:

Author
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.