Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Active Parent Item Not working

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    timstrifler
    Participant

Hi there,

I’ve created a sticky menu that appears after you scroll past my normal menu. I created this with a WordPress plugin. I’ve been able to duplicate the CSS to match my original menu for everything except the “active parent item styling”.

Here is the site: http://mecsoft.com/testing/

You can see from my normal menu that when you click on an inside page (click Products>All Products – for example) that the “Products” link in the main nav is styled blue. But this isn’t the case in the sticky menu that appears when you scroll down. Any suggestions? I’ve been able to get it to work on the top level, click Products for example (you’ll have to resize your windows shorter so you can see the sticky menu appear).

I hope that made sense, please let me know if you need further clarification. I’m still some what a newbie with advanced CSS so any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Tim

TheDoc

That’s because you actually have two menus on the page. It’s not just one menu that is then becoming sticky, there is another one as well. I’m not sure why that nav isn’t getting the class you need, though.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.