Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS about navigation bar and background

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Nishant
    Participant

Hi, i am new to css world.. At the moment, i am working on my demo project. I am little confused here. In this project, i have a vertical navigation bar. At the top and bottom of bar, i have search box and a facebook icon respectively. So, is it ok if include search box and icon within navigation bar? I have seen search box in navigation bar because it provides kinda navigation to other parts of your site but not sure about icon. One more thing, i have nav bar, icon, slideshow and search box in a side of main content, should i use <aside> to hold it? I mean aside and then < nav> structure, is it ok?

Now about backgrounds, i have a gray background images with all design, can i make it colored? Or, is there any way to merge to images to form a combined? Say, a green image and some black n white image with some design?

Paulie_D

Nav Bar

There is nothing particularly incorrect about having a search box &/or FB link in the bar itself, after all, it’s just a bar.

Some designers would not actually include them in a menu ul or <nav> element. Just keep them as separate elements but still within your bar…if that’s what you want to do.

Aside

One more thing, i have nav bar, icon, slideshow and search box in a side of main content, should i use <aside> to hold it? I mean aside and then < nav> structure, is it ok?

I’m not sure of the exact structure here…it depends on what this would look like.

I see no reason why the navbar, icon and search should not be in an <aside> element if that’s what you want.

I’m not so sure about the slideshow. It sort of depends on what it’s showing, how big it is and whether the slides are related to the main content.

Images

Without seeing the images in question it’s hard to comment. You can’t MAKE plain grey images suddenly become colored without some serious coding work and new coding features that aren’t well supported.

If the grey was slightly transparent (a png file or a gif) it might be possible but, as I said, it will really depend on the image(s) in question.

If your site is online, perhaps you could let us have a link and we could take a look…we don’t bite…often. :)

Nishant
    Participant

thanks for the reply..actually, it was my lack of photoshop knowledge that led me to ask that question related to merging of images. About using aside, it is clear now ..i have read w3 links and understood it well. :)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.