Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Abomination of a slider

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    geedi
    Participant

Ok seriously i dont even know what to do here everything in my template is responsive but this slider
    http://www.persistest.nl/
    is a nightmare from hell
    on my screen its overflowing on the right and on my friends big screen its perfect exactly like i wanted no scroll bar fits inside the screen so sombody
    Help Me Help me Please

Paulie_D

I’m not getting a scrollbar in Chrome 35 (64bit).

The images don’t scale though…is that what you mean?

geedi
    Participant

yeah there is no scroll bar butw when u get the length a bit higher its gonna get a scroll bar.
    if scalling means that u dont see the whole slider yeah plus on some screen it show the whole slider on others it doesnt captain pauly help

Paulie_D

yeah there is no scroll bar butw when u get the length a bit higher its gonna get a scroll bar.

I have no idea what that means.

geedi
    Participant

right now there is no scroll bar.
    But if the height px rate get higher there is gonna be a scroll bar
    what i want is that the slider scales on every screen the same way and that.
    Cause the height is the same on every screen but the length aint the same on every screen

Paulie_D

Do you mean a vertical scrollbar…is that what you’re talking about?

That’s going to take some real refactoring of your page to make it fully responsive.

Cause the height is the same on every screen but the length aint the same on every screen.

I do not mean to offend but I cant parse that sentence…length? Length of what?

We don’t usually refer to ‘length’ in CSS, just height and width.

geedi
    Participant

ok sorry for my poor english my native tong is not english so sorry for that
    ok look the height is perfect on every screen and looks the same
    the width is not the same on every screen its too big on smaller screens but on big screens its perfect. so i want it to look the same on every screen the width got no problem with the height
    http://www.persistest.nl

Paulie_D

So you need to make the images responsive which will be a little harder as they are background images.

Frankly, I’d suspect you would find it easier to rip the whole lot out and use a properly purpose built responsive background image slider.

Unless there is something in the documentation of the exisiting slider as to how to enable this feature.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.