Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other A very intense and long redesign…would love feedback…

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Luminated

So some of you might know our previous company Illuminated Designs…we’ve completely re-branded ourselves and subsequently our website. Would love any and all feedback you guys have to offer before we formally launch! :)

http://www.goodchee.com

TheDoc

It’s a beauty! I think it’s a big improvement over the Illy site – well done!

Luminated

Thanks much Doc, means a lot!

The site has some bugs in IE still (of course), but its should degrade extremely gracefully…or is it progressively enhance smoothly? Hehe…either way, it has an easter egg for Webkit users that hover over the logo… :)

TheDoc

Nice find, Josh. I hadn’t actually noticed the alliteration when I first saw the page.

Luminated

Yeah that was entirely my partners idea. I think it came out great! Thanks again, guys.

jamygolden

I really like it! Well done – The colour scheme is great.

chendrix

I agree it looks absolutely fantastic. Crisp, clean, and visually pleasing.
    Now for the feedback:
    Your 404 Error page needs some padding changes. (I’m on XP, Firefox latest)

I love how going through the pages is like a progressive story. Clear big blue buttons take you to the next page. However, once you finally get to Principals, the Request a Proposal section breaks that flow. I would suggest changing it to the same kind of blue button like on the other pages, and moving it out of the Connect with chee section.

I would also suggest making the logos on the Praise section be hyperlinks to the respective websites. Sometimes I see the praise and want to see what the final page looked like, and have to return to the Portfolio page and hunt for the respective project.

All in all, great website. Minor possible upgrades, minor fix.

arjunvasudeva
    Participant

Brilliant site – the simplistic and subtle colour scheme is really great, and the general clean, minimalist aspect of the site highlights your good design. 10/10

ozee

A very great design, only minor changes I see would be the harsh exit when hovering over your logo, the animation stops rather jaggedly. The other change I would recommend is the progression buttons that take you through the site don’t have a very visible hover, I had to really look to see any change in them, perhaps a stronger hover element. But the overall design is brilliant, flows well and is very consistent!

Luminated

Thank you all! We have received wonderful feedback from all over and we are totally stoked.

ozee, great suggestions. We were trying to be very subdued and subtle, perhaps I went a bit too far.

And if anybody knows how to get the logo animation to stop smoothly, I would be overjoyed to know. I’m not sure how to make the webkit animation return gracefully.

ozee

This is only speculation, but what if you used a pseudo css class like :after and used another transition that returned it? I haven’t used the :after too much, so I am not sure if I am using it the right way in this instance.

Luminated

Hmm…well, the first problem is that this is not a transition, its an animation. The :after selector is usually used for placement of content or attributes after the displaying of an element. I did manage to create a finite animation using the transform/transition combo, but then it spins too quickly and has a finite end to the animation, albeit it does return gracefully.

For now, it will have to stay the way it is…thanks for the suggestion though.

ozee

Yeah, no problem, the only other way to do it would be to use jquery. Although, such a minut detail isn’t worth the time spent on it.

Luminated

For sure…I tried to rely much on CSS3 for the polish like gradients, fades…more experimental than anything, like the triangle on the ‘to top’ button.

Luminated

@Chendrix…we thought about having the Praise logos link, but some of the sites that the testimonials are linked to are no longer up and running, so it wouldn’t have been consistent to the user. Thanks for the good words though!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.