Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums JavaScript A slide out sub navigation

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    BigBrotherBiggs
    Participant

The task… create a sub navigation that slides out from under the parent button an the left of the site out to the right.

On my site I am working on I have 7 menu buttons in the top left in a vertical fashion. the bottom three I would like to have sub menus slide out to the right revealing other options.

You see this a lot sliding down from a horizontal nave bar but i have not seen it slide horizontally. I have seen a concept at

http://tympanus.net/Tutorials/FixedNavigationTutorial/

that is some what of what I am looking for however it is just revealing a button. I want to reveal three buttons having the parent be the trigger that reveals.

If you have seen something like this or have an idea that I can try that would be great… I have little to no Javascripting knowledge other than being able to figure out Plug ins others have done… So any education or solution provided is very much appreciated.

BigBrotherBiggs
    Participant

Hey Eric those are good. the idea I had is still different for example many of your sample slid out but the resulting sub menu was still vertical. The task i am working on is to get the sub menu to slid out horizontal..

I made an illustration and posted the screen capture on a page using the prototype navigation I have so far. Even though the side bar overlaps the image it should give you a good idea as to what I have in mind. Tell me what you think.

Kind Regards,
    Jeff

BigBrotherBiggs
    Participant

here is a link to the screen capture…

I will try what you are saying.. I just want it to be reviled only after a mouse over event has occurred on the parent button.

http://pathfinderdirectory.com/images/S … .28CDT.png

BigBrotherBiggs
    Participant

it would help if I could spell Reviled… needs to say Revealed

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘JavaScript’ is closed to new topics and replies.