Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums JavaScript A problem/conflict with jquery.min.js for slideshow and scrollbar

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Oh mystical Css-Tricks Oracle,

I’m using, or attempting to use, a scrollbar and slideshow which both use a version jquery.min.js. The problem is that both together cause me to cry. If both are used together, the slideshow stops, but if I remove the one for the scrollbar then both work but the slideshow flashes as if it’s skipping a frame. If I remove the jquery.min.js for the slideshow, then it stops but the scrollbar still works.

Pray tell oh mystical oracle of Css-Tricks what is the secret to this mystery that perplexes me so?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Greetings Doc,

As long as you make sure that jQuery (one file only) is being loaded before all of your other .js files, you should be golden.

How is that done?

If the jquery.min.js is removed for the slider (bx_slider) at the top of the page, then the slider stops. If the jquery.min.jsisremoved for the scrollbar at the bottom of the page both function but the slideshow flashes each image during the cycle.

Link.

Best Regards.

Chromawoods
    Participant

You should only have one version of jQuery included on the page. The one in the header is jQuery version 1.8.2 and the one in the bottom is version 1.9.1. Perhaps you can use the later version but put it in the header. If both plugins support the later version, then go for that.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Greetings Chromawoods,

I had tried that before and nothing changed. Out of desperation, I tried it again and IT WORKED!! Thank you very much for suggesting it!

Now if I can get the bottom scroll arrow to show in IE8, I’ll be home free.

Best Regards.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘JavaScript’ is closed to new topics and replies.