Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS A little CSS help regarding IE6

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    pauler

Hello. I am having a problem with my divs lining up in a website I am building. Here is the link http://nvisionize.com/SCA/. Everything lines up correctly in FF3, IE7, and Safari4, but when I open up the site in IE6 the structure is getting shifted down some how (starting with the search bar). I’ve tried some of the suggestions used in this forum, but can’t get things lined up correctly. I’ve tried replacing margin/padding with top, bottom, right, left when using position (relative, absolute). I’ve tried display:inline after using float (left, right). So I’m kind of lost. Any suggestions (with an example, please) would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Paul

ikthius

try overflow:hidden;

this worked for a psoblem I had with a wordpress sidebar for IE6 & 7

pauler

Big thanks ikthius. That did the trick. I placed overflow:hidden on a few div’s I had position:relative on. A little tweak here and there and everything lined up. Now I just have to figure out why my search button is not transparent (like the rest of the site). So for now I’ll use a gif (isn’t pretty) instead of a png. Thank you ikthius and the forum for you expert advise.

Paul

ikthius
    "pauler" wrote:
    Big thanks ikthius. That did the trick. I placed overflow:hidden on a few div’s I had position:relative on. A little tweak here and there and everything lined up. Now I just have to figure out why my search button is not transparent (like the rest of the site). So for now I’ll use a gif (isn’t pretty) instead of a png. Thank you ikthius and the forum for you expert advise.

Paul

when things don’t line up right and you know you have done nearly everything right, it is normally always an overflow problem, so hide it to test it…. Glad it sorted

IE6 does not support transparency……. you will need to find a hack for IE6 to show transparency, but they are abundant if you search google

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.