Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Back End $_POST issue

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    fooman
    Participant

I have a form that submits a relatively large amount of data. It’s a very dynamic form and the client has added about 200 items and each item has 5-fields.

It seems that the submit field/button’s value is being lost when I try to submit the form. It literally is gone from the $_POST array.

If I remove a field from the items (so each item has 3-4 fields instead of 4-5), the submit value is back. So it looks like I’m hitting a limit of what I can pass into the $_POST variable.

Is this a thing? Or does it seem like somehow I’ve botched things up? The site’s been live and living for a year or two and now I’m finding this so I find that weird.

__
    Participant

In your php.ini, or wherever your php config happens, look for post_max_size. PHP defaults this to 8MB, but it is often set to 2MB by web hosts.

That’s the server side of things. Some browsers won’t upload more than 2MB no matter what you do. Honestly, it sounds to me like it’s time to refactor the form — split it into several steps, and/or do incremental updates via ajax.

shaneisme
    Participant

Good… god…

You’re saying you’re collecting 200 x 5 pieces of information and people are actually doing it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=euI3v2jpTlI

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Back End’ is closed to new topics and replies.