Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS $50 Sent Via Paypal to the person that can solve my problem!!!!! IE Float issue.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    pittles78
    Participant

Hey here are the post that have been ignored, I assume because people hate IE or there is some unspoken rule not to help people with IE questions.

https://css-tricks.com/forums/discussion/13249/floats-not-displaying-correctly.#Item_1

https://css-tricks.com/forums/discussion/13239/issues-with-ie8-not-display-listing-properly.#Item_1

I guarantee if someone can fix the issues with this listing to make the IE version look exactly like it looks in Firefox, I will gladly Paypal you $50.

Easy money if you know you stuff.

Jon

serquhart

Accidentally posted on one of your old ones – it looks great in IE8 my friend. I’ll take the 50 though lol.

wolfcry911
    Participant

First, I didn’t see any problem in IE7 or 8 until I turned Compatibility View on. Turning this on essentially puts IE into quirks mode, so things are back to IE5.5 and 6. Now to the problem…

To center everything, simply put text-align: center; on #EBdescription and then set text-align: left; on #wrap to return it left. The sidebar drops down below the first column because of the 390px image inside – it won’t overflow, but increases the width of the #sidebar even though you set a specific width. You can either reduce that image width or set overflow: hidden; to #sidebar to correct the issue. Also, add a margin-top: 20px to #sidebar to match that of the first column.

pittles78
    Participant

I can’t check this out on a pc right now, but I will try this and get back to you tomorrow. Thanks for your help. I will be in touch about your fix.

wolfcry911
    Participant

how did you make out?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.