Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other [Solved] 3D Kit Designer manipulating SVG layers on the fly?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    thepigfarmer
    Participant

Hi there,

this is my first post here so hello! I wasn’t sure which Forum was a best match, hence I’m her in ‘other’. Okay, so I want to create a 3D Kit Designer something like this:

http://www.silverbacksport.co.uk/?gclid=CL3ZnPeToccCFQie2wod7bsGRA#!kit-builder/canw

And I wondered how they were manipulating the colours of patterns etc on the fly. Is it css being used to alter ‘fill’ properties on SVG transparency layers? Does each shirt exist of several SVG pattern layers laid over each other?

Any insights would be great.

Thanks,

Max.

Paulie_D

CSS…no, Javascript is doing all that…yes, the fill does seem to be adjusted inline…so it’s JS

thepigfarmer
    Participant

Hi Paulie,

Thanks for your response … should I re-post in the JS Forum? So I guess I’m looking for a Graphic Designer to create a layered design of a shirt where each ‘adjustable’ masked clip (say a collar, or a pattern) is saved as an individual transparency SVG file? Then I’m looking for a javascript that allows someone to come along and select ‘collar’ and choose ‘green’ in order to manipulate the full image into having a Green Collar … yes?

thanks for your help.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.