Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS .

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    artsibelle
    Participant

tuckyhutsman

First things is the intro splash screen is not good. I know you are probably attached to it, but it really should go, or be nearly instantaneous with no click required to enter the site.

Your background colors are too light for the type colors you are using. Too many colors. Pick a dominant color and use if for the background, reuse sparingly in other areas, then choose a few strong contrasting text-colors (I’d suggest lighter). Also, avoid running type over patterns, stripes, etc. of any kind unless the underlying artwork is very low contrast.

If you like the stripes, I’d suggest a much narrower, pinstriped pattern with a bit less contrast. That wide pattern is too close to the line-heights and other design elements and they clash.

Diogo15

Comment deleted by Mod Team (please be constructive with your feedback)

bluce

Artsibelle,

On your color scheme: Overall you’re on the right track. You are going with some very nice bold colors. But one thing you need to remember in any web design is that content is king and that is what the web is for. Make your text legible (ie: font color black, background white) or something around that idea. Just make sure the important things are noticeable, there’s a nice user interface, and the flow of the website is pleasing to the eye. Hopefully this helps a little.

-Bryan Luce
    W3trends, Inc.
    http://www.w3trends.com

Paulie_D

@Diogo15…The most unhelpful comment I’ve ever seen…please try to be constructive.

@artsibelle

I agree with the most prominent comments…the splash page is unnecessary…and make me scroll when there is no content to speak of and the text colour needs boosting to make it more legible.

Also, your links appear to move when hovered..probably a result of the border being added.

artsibelle
    Participant

mwdewitt

I surely will. Okay, first things first, the splash page. I feel like your intentions were to make the border look like gold, but instead it comes off as baby-poop brown. I would brighten the border up a little bit. Or you can get rid of the splash page altogether. Second thing, as a fledgling typographer, you should never use Comic Sans. It is the laughing stock of the typography world. It ranks right up there with Papyrus. I would go with a font-type of “Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif,” personally. Also, the type is too faint. Actually, everything but the logo is too faint. It looks like you have transparency set on everything. I would either brighten everything up, or, if you do have transparency set, I would take it down. The copyright is still set to 2011 and we just flipped over to a new year. I will say that the gallery is nice and big. That’s a plus. But again, you have this transparent div that is hovering on the right-bottom side of the website. Again, hard to read. I just noticed the tagline. It is being covered up by the logo. I had to select the text to be able to read it. The contact form looks solid apart from the use of Comic Sans everywhere. And general spacing issues. For color templates and schemes, I highly suggest this. I hope that helps!

artsibelle
    Participant

artsibelle
    Participant

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.