Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other 302 redirect to 301

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Diniz76
    Participant

Hi Guys,

I have hundreds of pages on my site that has been deleted due to updates. Like a member leaves the site the page needs to be deleted.

Now once that page has been deleted is showing up on Google webmaster as a Crawler 302 errors. like the one bellow.

http://www.alphega-pharmacy.co.uk/web/benchill-pharmacy-465948/home

I have not got any idea on how to solve this problem.

Please someone help a very stressed guy here.

Thanks a million for reading it.

Marcio

__
    Participant

302 is not an error status. It means a page was not at the location the user specified, but it was found somewhere else and the user is being redirected there.

Your problem is that you are redirecting infinitely, so the browser aborts (after following some number of redirects to the same URL, smart browsers will assume that the server is broken and stop following them).

I have no way of knowing, but it sounds like you were using mod_rewrite to make “pretty urls” for your site, and those rewrite rules are broken now that you’ve deleted the page(s) they point to.

You might start by checking if you have an .htaccess file in your web root directory. Do not make any changes without making a backup copy first. Look for RewriteRules that include URLs to files you have deleted.

Diniz76
    Participant

Hi traq
    Many thanks for your reply, I’ll try to follow your guidance.

Best regards,

Marcio

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.