Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other 1 guy is hacking my Word Press blog

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Frodo64

What should I do if 1 guy is hacking my wordpress blog and I know that he is doing it by using ports. What happens when he do this, in the first few minutes the website is laaging, slow url opening time, and when the 5 minutes pass I just see the white window (I’m using Fire Fox), when he stops doing that everything is ok. So what should I do? Anyone knows? :( :(

koewnet

I haven’t had that attempt, but my blog did get injected with javascript. That’s why I wrote this post: Securing Your WordPress Blog

chris

are you sure it’s just 1 guy?

mikes

Before you get too gung ho about IP banning, keep in mind that most people are now surfing with dynamic IPs. If you see a hacker and block his IP, you are blocking the IP not the hacker. He could easily be back shortly on a new IP but other people on the same host will be blocked whenever they are assigned the IP he was using when you blocked him.

I’ve started implementing code that detects the hacker (XSS attacks and snooping directories)and redirects him to a page that informs him he has been detected and that his host has been emailed. The later is a bluff because I don’t know how to programatically determine a host’s email from an IP but it appears to have had some success.

EDIT: Geez, I just noticed the date on this. :oops:

Logan

From what you said, it sounds like hes attacking the server rather than your WP installation. Contact your hosting provider about it and try and give them an IP.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.