Home › Forums › Design › Please critique my first proper attempt at RWD :) › Reply To: Please critique my first proper attempt at RWD :)
It’s Thanksgiving weekend here in the U.S. so that may be why response to your request is a little slow.
Nice work on your custom responsive WordPress theme! I just did a responsive redesign of my site about a month ago and decided to go without WordPress to speed up load times. That being said, yours loaded quickly on my laptop on WiFi and got a 90 score on Pingdom. For reference, your site takes about 2 seconds to load and I got mine down to 0.75.
Your design is very clean with lots of nice white space. You may want to consider a couple of things:
1. Get some real content in there so we can give you better feedback!!
2. Keep logo left justified as media queries kick in.
3. Add a collapsing menu for mobile ( I used and modified http://responsivemobilemenu.com , but there are others).
4. Eliminate white halo around blog dates?
5. Maybe a little less space between paragraphs?