Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Back End Having major issues with Permalinks – Getting 404 Error Reply To: Having major issues with Permalinks – Getting 404 Error

I don’t know for sure what is happening to your site, since I don’t usually work with a CMS, but I think you could just check in your database (often the hoster even has a UI for it, so you don’t need to know much) the field of the ID of the link. But it seems very strange that the short description can be loaded with the link to the full version, since I think this would just be solved with one request to your database.

My guess would be, that either somehow no text was saved and just the description, id and image field in the database are filled or that as you said it could be an .htacess issue. Maybe your software tries to load the text but since there is no text it displays a 404 page. But this is just me guessing, since we don’t know anything about your database structure or your htacess file.