The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS what is this called? Re: what is this called?


Very recently a client wanted this effect done, it’s super simple to create this is photoshop.

It’s commonly known as a “3D ribbon” or “wrap-around” effect. Here are a couple of tutorials on creating them.

Video tutorial for photoshop:

And here is one modern CSS3-only version:
Creating 3D ribbons with only CSS3

BTW that post above me is the first spammer I have seen on CSS-Tricks forums and I’m on here a lot. Historical occasion!