Home › Forums › Other › Migrate WordPress site to a New Domain and New Server › Re: Migrate WordPress site to a New Domain and New Server
i will discribe my way doing this:
1. Copy all Files from “DEV-FTP” and upload it to a sub-folder on the LIVE-FTP
p.E.: domain-tld/new-site/*files go here*
2. make a Database-Backup from your DEV-SITE
3. create a Database at your LIVE-SITE/HOST and import your DB
4. alter your wp-config.php file to fit your need p.E.:
5. Load this file to your LIVE-SITE-Folder
6. IMPORTANT – Be sure to always have a BackUp! ;)
7. run replace.php and follow instructions *read carefully!* at the point where u should “replace” some kinde of words replace OLD-DOMAIN with NEW-DOMAIN
p.E.: localhost:8888 -> newmegasite.com
8. In the Adminpane of your new Host u have to change where the Domain points, Domain should point to sub-folder we created in Step1…
So you could get up your site without going “offline” with the old one.
I also recommend the Plugin “BackWPup” -> in combination with Dropbox it works realy nice and u get an tar.gz with all your Files (all WP-Files inkl. .htaccess and so on), be sure to enable “Backup Plugins”.